What is Pet Intolerance Test?
Pet Intolerance Test is an at-home allergy and intolerance test for cats and dogs. It can be used to detect intolerances to over 300 of the most common allergens, including proteins, seafood, fruits, veggies, insects, cleaning solutions, fabrics, plants, fungi, mold and more. Testing is done by 5Strands and results are sent via email 5-7 days after your sample arrives at the processing center.
Dogs, Cats, and Horses
- Helps find causes of allergies, sensitivities and intolerances
- For pets with itching, hot spots, chronic ear infections, hair loss, inflammation and other symptoms of intolerances
- Easy, non-invasive at-home testing: just collect 10-15 strands of fur
- Get your allergy report 5-7 days after your sample arrives at processing center
- Tests for over 300 possible allergens, including dietary (proteins, seafood, fruits and veggies) and environmental factors (cleaning solutions, fungi, mold, grasses, trees)
How does Pet Intolerance Test work?
Pet Intolerance Test tests for non-IgE mediated reactions or "intolerances." This type of reaction may have a delayed onset with symptoms appearing several hours or days after ingestion or exposure and lasting a longer period of time.
Pet Intolerance Test does not measure type IgE allergies or IgG antibodies. Since these reactions can be serious, you may need to seek the help of an allergy specialist.
Pet Intolerance Test Directions:
- Collect 10-15 strands of your pet's fur by gently pulling loose from the skin.
- Place the fur inside the provided white parchment paper bag.
- Mail fur samples and completed form in the included, pre-addressed envelope.
- You will receive an email when your sample arrives at the processing facility.
- Then, you will receive an email 5-7 days later with your pet's test results.
Follow guidelines to limit your pet's exposure to allergens. Further testing and guidance from a veterinarian may be necessary.
Store at a room temperature. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Pet Intolerance Test Details:
|Submission form, White parchment paper bag, and Pre-addressed envelope.|